Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

February Goals

Every month, I try to make some attainable goals (because my gym tells me to! lol). Sometimes I do great, sometimes I forget that I'm supposed to be tracking progress and I go off the deep end. January goals were:

No soda. (like, ever)
Take fish oil (daily)
3 servings dairy (daily)
Run 4 days per week

Re-cap:

No soda: This is basically my goal every month, and last month I think I went 20 days without soda. Woohoo! Not perfect, but it was quite an improvement.

Fish oil: I've discovered that, unlike normal people, fish oil breaks my skin out. Isn't that so backwards?? So mid-month I changed that goal to just taking vitamins daily. The only ones I could find in my house (why buy more when you know there are some expired ones somewhere!?) were prenatal vitamins. So I took them, and that goal was definitely the easiest one (and my nails look great!).

3 servings dairy: I don't know why this is so hard for me... but I never get enough dairy. I didn't do so well on this one. My poor bones needs more calcium...

Run 4 days per week: I didn't fit in 4 days of running per week, but I did manage at least 3. Close enough.

I was pretty proud of myself!

So here are my February goals:

1. No soda (sigh...)
2. Take vitamin daily.
3. Drink 8 glasses of water daily (I am guilty of being a water snob and I never drink enough)
4. No cereal (I have a serious "eat-2-heaping-bowls-of-cereal-right-before-bed" problem. Ask my husband, he'll tell ya)
5. Run OR workout 5 days a week.

So far things have gone well! I've had no soda, I've taken my vitamin everyday, I've downed 8 cups of water daily (being mindful of where the bathroom is located at all times), I've stuck to my workouts, and I've had NO cereal. Zilch. Nada. And I have to admit... not eating cereal right before bed is WAY harder than not drinking soda. I'm such an awful night time snacker. It's my weakness.

Not only did I come up with my own goals, but I talked my husband into doing it too! We have our goal tracker sheets right next to our bedroom door, and each night we check off the goals we met for the day. It's fun! Plus I'm really competitive and it gives me a rush to have more things checked off than him. I'm too competitive, seriously.

So what are your goals? Maybe you should think about writing them down and checking them off when you've met one. Start small. List one goal to work towards. Next month, maybe try two. The idea is that after you have consistently met a goal on a daily basis, it becomes a habit. Maybe instead of trying to quit something cold turkey, try cutting back. (ex. drink no more than 12 ounces soda daily, eat out no more than once a week, etc.)

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment