Pages

Friday, September 29, 2017

Pregnancy: 28 Weeks (aka 18 years)

Hello third trimester! Goodbye being able to see my feet, tie my own shoes, breathe while walking up the stairs, and other pre-pregnancy things I took for granted!

Last week I drank the sugar goop that proves that pregnant women can, in fact, ingest 50 grams of sugar in 2 minutes or less. Result? I passed my glucose test! I was also told my iron levels were really impressive. Not bragging or anything... but I'm pretty awesome.

Time is still dragging. Slow. Like molasses. On a winter day. Not an Oklahoma winter day, but a winter day somewhere else that actually experiences winter. And the molasses is frozen solid. And everyone told it that it wouldn't be so slow, and it believed everyone because it hasn't be pregnant in almost 7 years so had forgotten everything. Yes, the molasses is thinking ALL THAT.

Okay, stop whining! As much as I complain about pregnancy, there really are things that I LOVE about it.

1) Knowing there will be a baby at the end!

2) Feeling her move and kick. Sometimes it's annoying... like when my bladder has 0.5 ounces of fluid in it and she thinks it's taking up too much space, so she kicks me until I go to the bathroom! But most of the time feeling her move is incredible and amazing and beautiful.

3) Talking about it! I love sharing my experiences (obviously) with others (I'm self-centered like that).

4) My skin. It isn't super glowy or anything, but seriously, pregnancy hormones are so much nicer to my face than my normal hormones. I have less acne during pregnancy than usual. Once the baby is here I'll go back to having the complexion of a 13 year old.

5) Blaming bad eating habits on the baby. My friends all know that really it's not the baby's fault, but the stranger at Braums has no idea, so I just order my ice cream and say, "You know, for the baby," and they nod like it's totally normal and understandable. HA, amateurs!

*************

Today's Date: 9/29/17

How many weeks: 28 weeks (and 1 day...)

Trimester: 3rd

How big is the baby?: About the size of a large eggplant, around 2.25 lbs and between 14.5 and 15 inches long. WHOA!

Gender: Girl!
Name: Still no idea!

Weight gain: 23 pounds. Y'all.

Food cravings: Nothing specific, just all the sugar.

Food aversions: None. Good grief. Donuts do give me heartburn... but I still want them. 

Diet: Same. Evenings are still the hardest part of the day...

Breakfast: Coffee (with coconut oil, milk, honey, and vanilla extract).

Mid-morning snack: Granola bar or (sometimes and...) banana

Lunch: chicken, rice, sweet potato, and veggies (bell peppers, onion, broccoli). I top it off with cheese. Or whatever is leftover from dinner the night before.. because I haven't been grocery shopping in a while...

Afternoon snack:
 Protein bar and an apple.

Dinner: Protein source, like chicken, tuna, steak, eggs... and carbs. All the carbs.

Evening snack: Decaf coffee or green tea... Sometimes cereal. Graham crackers. Fruit smiles. Whatever I have in the pantry.

Exercise: I haven't been to my gym in three weeks... not because I can't or don't want to, but other things just keep coming up. I'm still working out solo at home... it STINKS. But I can't NOT workout, so I just work with what I have and do what I can. I miss throwing around a barbell...

Aches and pains: Lower back, butt, and pelvic pain. My doctor said that I can still workout but to cut out anything that causes pressure or pain, so far that means running (I can still jog a teeny bit in spurts) and lunges, of all things. No more situps, but I can still plank and do some core stuff.

Heartburn continues to get worse! My feet are swelling more and more, fun.

Maternity clothes:
 Yes, lots. And my husbands t-shirts. Not very flattering, but comfy. I even bough some maternity underwear... that's a real thing. You're welcome for sharing.

Favorite moment this week: Hitting the 3rd trimester! 12 weeks or less to go!

Looking forward to: I think since we're halfway through our fall semester and I'm in the last trimester, pregnancy will go by faster (fingers crossed). I have several baby showers coming up, too. I think once we start getting "stuff" for baby girl, things will get real. So far we've done nothing to prepare... we have the onesie I bought for my husband when I told him the news, and the crib my sister gave me that still hasn't been put together. Gah where are we going to put all this baby's stuff!? Looking forward to getting organized!

No comments:

Post a Comment