Pages

Thursday, October 26, 2017

Pregnancy: 32 Weeks

It's my birthday! Today I am 30 YEARS OLD. THIRTY! It seems like most people have a mental breakdown when they turn 30... but I'm actually really really proud of this milestone! Someone told me the other day, "When you miss a birthday, it's a bad year." TRUE STORY! I hope I don't start missing birthdays for a long, long time!!!

Today is also the 32 weeks pregnant mark--woohoo! 7 weeks to go! We've scheduled my c-section for December 14th. We had another ultrasound this week--baby girl is right at 4 lbs and (like her big brother) is BREECH. Goodness gracious my babies have minds of their own!

********************

Today's Date: 10/26/2017

How many weeks: 32 weeks

Trimester: 3rd

How big is the baby?: About the size of a large jicama (whatever that is...), between 16 and 17 inches long and weighs 4 pounds!

Weight gain: 26 pounds. Oh well!

Food cravings: Salt. I have to salt everything I eat or it tastes suuuuuuper bland.

Food aversions: None. Seriously. But my daughter made us all join in or a nutrition challenge this month and I haven't had ANY ICE CREAM. I get a cheat day for my birthday, though, but now I don't even want any!! 

Diet: Varies day to day. In the mornings I'm not hungry, in the evenings I'm starving to death. We're also out of groceries right now and I HATE grocery shopping, so we're livin' on whatever is in the fridge. I make a lot of pancakes and we order/make pizza, which I don't particularly like that much so... that's good. Grilled cheeses are also a favorite around our house, but we're also running out of bread now, too. 

Exercise: UUUGHHHHH. Pregnancy is KILLING my workouts! I have so much pain... The doctor said I could walk but to stop doing anything the causes pain, which includes walking, so basically all I can do at this point is 1) stairs (yeah, that's weird) 2) pushups 3) air squats. I also throw in some partial burpees and double unders but neither of those things are very comfortable.

My sister and I did a 5k this past weekend. I signed up for it months ago thinking I'd still be running/jogging at this point. HA. So that was a terrible idea. It was so miserable. Within the first half mile I wanted to quit. At mile 1 I cried a little. I was so slow that by the time we got to the first water station they were out of water.. and we were literally in front of only 2 other people. I think by the end of it we may have even been dead last. I've never done a "race" that caused that much pain. And all I was doing was WALKING... IN SLOW MOTION.

MILE ONE, Y'ALL
MILE TWO. PAIN. So much PAIN. 
 Aches and pains: Lower back, hips, tailbone, pelvic bone, feet, ankles... heartburn continues to worsen (for my husband too, lol). 

Maternity clothes:
 A friend of mine gave me some of her maternity gym clothes, they make a world of difference. Luckily I have a boss who loves me and doesn't seem to mind that I wear the same pair of pants to work everyday. I prefer dresses but it's getting a lot cooler outside and they're not very warm!

Favorite moment this week: Ultrasound! She has grown SO much! she is such a wiggle worm and loves to suck on her hand (not just the thumb, she was going to town on both hands).

Looking forward to: Thanksgiving break! It's one of my favorite times of the year, cooking and spending time with family. Last year on Thanksgiving I was doing a nutrition challenge and couldn't eat ANY of the good food. It. Was. Torture. This year on Thanksgiving I'll be 36 weeks pregnant and ain't NOBODY keeping me from eating all the pie!!


No comments:

Post a Comment