Blakely is now 6 months old. HOW DID THIS HAPPEN!? We're halfway to one year which is practically almost pre-school which is one step away from High School graduation which is code for MOM you're getting old and your babies are gonna leave you! NOOOOO!
Okay so I'm being dramatic, yeah yeah yeah. But seriously, time has flown by in the blink of an eye. Blakely is such a little firecracker with a huge personality.
- Looking at herself in the mirror/phone.
- Eating allll the baby food
- Taking baths.
- Putting everything in sight into her little mouth!
- Being held (but you have to entertain her the whole time, none of that snuggly stuff unless she's really tired).
- Being outside and looking at the world.
- Sleeping in her own crib (doesn't sleep well anywhere else!)
- Playing with her daddy.
- Looking at brother and sister.
- Shaking her head "no."
- Nursing anywhere from 3 to 8 times a night (LOL and I'm so tired).
- Mornings! It's my favorite time of day with her because she's all smiles!
- Toot sounds... haha She mimics us now and it's so hilarious!
- Talking! And let it be known that her first intentional word was MAMA!
She does not love:
- Her car seat. Y'all, when will this madness end!?
- Green beans. She's also decided to stop eating peas even though two weeks ago she loved them.
- Taking half a second between bites. I think she wants us to put the baby food in her bottle so she she can suck it all down at once.
- Sitting still.
- Being too far away from mommy!
I keep thinking that since she's 6 months old, my body should be back to 100% and I should be super fit and awesome and run really fast and be able to do all the things I could do before getting pregnant. I mean... I worked out while I was pregnant and jumped right back into it 6 weeks after she was born. I'm fit again, right!? LOLOLOL
I've heard people say that bouncing back after your second kid is way harder than it was with the first. AGREED Y'ALL. I may have lost the baby weight fairly quick (I still have 5 pounds to go but oh well)... but that does in no way reflect my fitness level now. *super loud sigh* Everything is SO HARD.
I started 10K training a few weeks ago. Not only has my speed decreased BIG TIME, but I can't even go 2 miles without walking, even after several weeks of training! So, running = sucks. AND I've decided to just do the stinking 5K this year. Boohoo! I rarely ever work out at home anymore because it is SO HOT, and I go to the gym two days a week AT MOST. When I do go, I usually skip part of the warm-up, and I pick and choose which of the strength portion to do, and then I finish last on every workout because hey... someone's gotta do it!