Pages

Monday, April 16, 2018

Adjusting to Baby Mom Life (again): 4 Months!

Blakely is now 4 months old -- time flies when you're having fun! Since my babies were so far apart in age, I had forgotten how much WORK a baby is!

I remember the sleepless nights and the crying and the need for "me" time... but I'd forgotten all about how time consuming babies are!

"A Typical Monday - Friday for Mom" by Destiny Darbison

5:00 -6:00: 
Wake up call! 
(Don't bother to set an alarm, you'll be up in plenty of time for work)

6:00-7:30: 
Nurse the baby, shower (if applicable), fix hair (sometimes), 
put on makeup (minimal), brush teeth, pump, 
change baby's diaper, get her dressed, 
pack workout clothes, 
fix breakfast (frozen waffles), prepare coffee, 
pack the breast pump and attachments, 
make lunch, pack snacks, 
wake up the other kids, 
oh and don't forget to put on some respectable work clothes! 
Load everything into the car (don't forget the baby!) and go. 
Turn around and go back 
because I'm still wearing my house shoes.

7:30-8:00 
Listen to the baby cry all the way to daycare 
because she hates her car seat with a passion, 
drop off the baby, go to work, 
all the good parking spaces are gone, 
walk into my office a few minutes late.

8:00-5:00 
Varies. Do worky stuff, pump, meeting, pump, more worky stuff, 
lunch/workout/errands, 
meeting, pump, worky stuff, etc.

5:00-5:45 
Go pick up the baby, listen to her cry all the way home 
(car seat is evil). 
Catch every red light.

5:45-7:30 
Varies. Pump/nurse, maybe workout if the weather doesn't suck 
(Oklahoma has no idea how to weather), 
fix dinner (sandwiches or pizza again!), 
bounce the baby, rock the baby, bounce, rock, play, 
make stupid sounds to make her smile, 
walk around (don't sit down, she hates that), 
nurse, 
finally eat (whatever the food was, it's probably cold by now)

7:30-7:40 
Give the baby her bath. 
Do it really fast because she's not a fan of baths right now 
and will cry the whole time. 
Diaper, lotion, pajamas. 
Smell the baby because she smells sooooo good. 
Give freshly cleaned baby lots of kisses.

7:40-9:00 
Convince the baby it is bed time. 
Spray some of that magic sleepy spray on the bed.
 Bounce, walk, sing, nurse...
 be sure to do all this while laying in an uncomfortable position 
that makes your neck hurt. 
Admire her sweet little face when she finally falls asleep 
because she is so perfect. 
Feel sad because she's growing so fast, 
wasn't she just born yesterday?

9:00-9:30 
Make the other kids (oh yeah, there's more kids!) go to bed. 
Read a story, say prayers, 
convince my son that school is fun and he should be excited to go tomorrow. 
Admire his sweet little face and feel sad that he's grown up so fast. 
Wasn't he a baby yesterday? 
Tell the oldest daughter goodnight and feel sad again 
because she's almost a teenager
 and wasn't she just a little kid yesterday?

9:30-10:00 
Eat everything in the pantry 
(popcorn, dry cereal, old Easter candy, etc.), 
drink some decaf coffee, and try really hard to stay awake 
and watch The Great British Baking Show. 
Read Bible. 
Fall asleep on the couch.

10:00 
Go to bed, pray the baby sleeps all night.

11:30-11:45 
Nurse baby.

1:30-1:45 
Nurse baby.

2:30-2:45 
Nurse baby.

3:30-3:45 
Nurse baby.

4:30-4:45 
Nurse baby, try convincing her it is not time to wake up yet. 
Pat pat pat her back.

5:00-6:00 
Seriously, it's not time to wake up yet. 
Pat, pat, pat... 
Nurse baby. 
Pat, pat, pat... 
Okay fine, might as well get up.

And then we do it all over again.




It is a busy life, but it is also perfect and beautiful! I don't have much time to workout these days, I eat terrible, and I still have 10 more pounds of pregnancy weight to lose. But... I don't care. I mean yeah, I care because I want to be in shape again and go to the gym... but I know I'll have time for that later. But Blakely will not be a baby forever, proven by my older two kids that have grown like weeds.

So for now I'll just workout when I can, pack 5 millions bags to take to work with me every day, and enjoy this crazy hectic life we live!

Much love,
Destiny

No comments:

Post a Comment