Pages

Thursday, December 7, 2017

Pregnancy: 38 Weeks -- Last Post Before Baby!

I'M OFFICIALLY 38 WEEKS! 
ONE WEEK FROM TODAY WE GET TO MEET OUR PRECIOUS NEW BABY GIRL!

Obviously I'm just a littttttle excited. The past 38 weeks have been the slowest of my life... This meme totally sums it up:


I have 4 more days of work (after today)... I plan on working all the way up to the day before the c-section. Do you know how hard it is to get out of bed every morning? With Jordan I stopped working around 35-36 weeks. Everyday now I have to give myself a pep talk: "You can do this. You CAN do this. Every day you go to work is another day you get to spend at home with your baby girl. Get UP!!" 

******************

Today's Date: 12/7/17

How many weeks: 38

How big is the baby?: Probably around 7 pounds and about 19.5 inches long (the length of a leek) 

Weight gain: 36 pounds (LTKFC... laugh to keep from crying)

Food cravings: None

Food aversions: None

Diet: They say that around this time in pregnancy, you can't eat as much because there's just no room in there for food. Lies. I can still eat ALL DAY LONG just fine, thank you very much. I'm still doing pretty good except for at night. Here's a snapshot of Monday's food diary:

Breakfast: 341 calories
Lunch: 364 calories
Afternoon snack: 680 calories
Dinner: 1,050 calories. THANKS KFC.
Evening snack: 288 calories

That was my worst day in a long time... I'm usually better than this but the point is, every day COULD be this bad if I gave into the way I really want to eat! When the sun goes down the evil within awakens and suddenly I'm STARVING and I'll NEVER BE FULL AGAIN. And then I have heartburn all night long. Oh dear heavens I can't wait to hit the gym again...

Exercise: On the rare occasion that I do sleep, I dream about running and going to the gym... does that count?

Aches and pains: The aches and pains have almost become so ingrained in my identity that I can't really identify them anymore, they're just a part of who I am now. Namaste. 

Favorite moment this week: Paperwork has been SIGNED! We are officially scheduled to check into the hospital next Thursday at 6 a.m. and the c-section will occur sometime mid-morning. I hope earlllllly morning because I'm not allowed to eat or drink anything after midnight. Is it sad that I'm so concerned about not eating (or drinking COFFEE) for a few hours?

Looking forward to: DELIVERY! I am so excited to meet our baby girl and see her little face! We've been talking about what color her hair and eyes will be, how long she'll be, who she'll look like... We are all SO READY to hold her and kiss her and have our little family complete.


No comments:

Post a Comment