Pages

Thursday, November 30, 2017

Pregnancy: 37 Weeks


Time is still draaaaagggggging, y'all. I keep thinking that at some point I'll look back and think time sure has flown...

I am so so so so ready to get this baby out. The c-section is still scheduled for December 14th... TWO WEEKS AWAY! I'm still working which is extremely difficult, but I really really need to save all my sick/annual leave for when she gets here. The plan is to work all the way up until the day she's born. FOR REAL.

We finally picked a name! Blakely JoAnn Darbison, my sweet little spunky gal. I can't wait to meet you! Bags are packed, we're ready!

In other news, today marks ONE YEAR since I had my shoulder surgery! It still hurts, I still do not have full range of motion, and I can barely lift anything above my head. So... that's that. Something I'll just have to live with!


**************

Today's Date: 11/30/17

How many weeks: 37

Trimester: Feels like the 15th... but the baby app assures me the next couple weeks are still technically the 3rd trimester.

How big is the baby?: In real life or in my brain? Because it feels like she's about 15 pounds but in reality closer to 6.5 pounds and around 19 inches long. 

Weight gain: 33 pounds. I expect to put on another 4-6 over the next two weeks, though. At this point I don't care, I'm just ready to have her OUT! LOL

Food cravings: Pie. And brownies. And everything bad.

Food aversions: None. 

Diet: LOL. I mean... I still try. I gave up cake/cookies/candy this past month and I only had 3 cheat days, but I still ate a lot of other really bad stuff (burgers, bread, tons of peanut butter, bacon, etc.) which most likely canceled out all my efforts. Oh well. 

Exercise: LOL. Everything hurts. The closest thing I've gotten to "exercise" in the past few weeks is taking the stairs at work.

Aches and pains: Same as always, pelvic bone, butt, back, feet, knees, stuffy nose, heartburn, exhaustion, etc...

Here's a new pain: a burning sensation in my mid/upper abdomen. I "researched" it (aka typed some stuff into Google) and found that this is fairly common... something about everything is stretching and tearing in there, and the pain will persist until delivery. Well that's just wonderful. I wonder if I'll ever have any core strength ever again. I already had ab separation before this pregnancy, I am afraid to imagine how bad my poor little stomach muscles are going to be after this one!

Favorite moment this week: At my appointment this week my doctor informed me that he thinks Blakely has flipped and is no longer breech. What!? It really doesn't matter either way BUT it's kinda neat knowing that she's turned the right way. Jordan was upset about it because, "She's not lot like me anymore!" LOL

Looking forward to: Next week I sign the consent forms for the c-section! I'm just so ready to get this party started!


No comments:

Post a Comment