Pages

Thursday, September 14, 2017

Pregnancy: 26 Weeks

Life is getting crazier, schedules busier, etc. My daughter is TWELVE today! That blows my mind! Pretty sure yesterday she was 3... not sure how this time warp thing happened!

Christmas 2009, Age 4
NOW. 
I'm just a couple weeks shy of the 3rd trimester! Even though things have been busier, time is not going by ANY FASTER. Goodness, pregnancy feels like it lasts a lifetime. I remember after I had my shoulder surgery last November and complaining that 6 weeks felt like an eternity... HA.

I've been having the CRAZIEST dreams. I've always had weird dreams, but pregnancy has really upped my dream game. A couple weeks ago I dreamed that we had a neighbor who raised demon cats and one of them was attacking me so, obviously, I had to kill it. I won't give you the details, but seriously, it was pretty graphic. The next day, Ali text her daddy saying she wanted a kitten for her birthday. LOL Sorry, but no!

A few days ago I dreamed that there were miniature skeletons growing (yes, GROWING, like plants) underneath our picnic table. Once they were fully grown they would attack me (I had tiny bite marks all over my arms). I had to dismember them to make them stop... I blame this morbid dream on the fact that I bought a small plastic skeleton for Jordan a few days ago because his favorite Halloween book is "The Bones of Fred McFee." I was concerned that he would have nightmares about skeletons... He didn't. Lucky him.

I've had dreams about the baby, too. Not normal dreams, but at least not as far fetched and insane as demon cats or miniature ninja skeletons. In one dream, I had the baby and then we went home... and forgot her at the hospital. I had to go back the next day and beg them to let me have my baby... "I'm not a bad mom, I promise, I just forgot to take her home!" And then, when they did let me take her home, we didn't have a car seat so she had to ride in my lap.

In another dream, we had scheduled a c-section for 10:59 in the morning (I wonder if that time is significant?), and I refused to go to the hospital because we hadn't picked out a name yet and no one could convince me that we could name her AFTER she was born. "No, we can't, it's illegal to have a baby without a name."

One of my most comical dreams involved our church. It was flooded with water, but our preacher continued preaching (in his wet suit) while the bus minister played the drums and one of our teens jammed on the electric guitar. Meanwhile... we, the church members, were taking turns diving for the antique Civil War cannon that lay at the bottom of our flooded sanctuary. I think there was a bit about an underwater piano concert, too, but I can't remember the whole thing...

*************

Today's Date: 9/14/17

How many weeks: 26 weeks

Trimester: 2nd

How big is the baby?: About the length of a scallion (14 inches long and about 1 2/3 pounds)

Gender: Girl!

Weight gain: 21 pounds. I really thought about not including this anymore, but surely there are other pregnant women out there who eat decent AND exercise AND STILL gain a ton of pregnancy weight.. so even though it's embarrassing and I hate admitting it... I'm going to keep including it. For now! lol

Food cravings: Green tea (but I recently re-read the book "Me Before You" AND I'm also re-reading Harry Potter book 7... and they're both British so.. I think the hot tea has more to do with that than pregnancy...)

Food aversions: None. 

Diet: Same. Evenings are still the hardest part of the day, but drinking decaf coffee (or a lovely mug o' tea) helps. 

Breakfast: Coffee (with coconut oil, milk, honey, and vanilla extract).

Mid-morning snack: Granola bar or (sometimes and...) banana

Lunch: chicken, rice, sweet potato, and veggies (bell peppers, onion, broccoli). I top it off with cheese.

Afternoon snack:
 Protein bar and an apple.

Dinner: Protein source, like chicken, tuna, steak, eggs... and carbs.

Evening snack: Decaf coffee or green tea... Sometimes I cave and have cereal. My downfall.

Exercise: Hanging in there! Because life is just getting all kinds of crazy, I've had to skip the gym and just workout at home quite a bit lately. I realllllly wish I owned a kettle bell and a med-ball. I'm so tired of using my 25# dumbell for everything! It would also be nice to own a row machine... and a barbell... a girl can dream...

Basically my workouts are the same movements over and over again, just different quantities or length of time. Air squats, burpees, pushups, tricep dips, lunges, single arm snatches, occasionally double unders but I can't do very many before my bladder complains.

Aches and pains: My tailbone is ridiculous, I swear. Sitting hurts, standing up hurts, walking hurts, etc. Still having pelvic pain but this has gotten better since I quit running. BUT THAT MAKES ME SAD. 

Also my normal other stuff, like hips and knees. Heartburn has gotten considerably worse!

Maternity clothes:
 I need more but I hate spending money on stuff I'll only wear for a short time! I have one pair of maternity jeans that I wear at LEAST once a week, sometimes 2 or 3 times. Basically I live in dresses. I'd LOVE to splurge on some maternity workout clothes... but I'm pretty cheap so I doubt I will! I've just been wearing big tshirts and XL shorts... but even those aren't comfortable!

Favorite moment this week: We had a great time on the farm with my dad a couple weekends ago. One of my sisters came down one day, too, and I loved getting to spend time with her and her family.

Looking forward to: Ali's birthday weekend! (It will probably end up being a lot of work, she's having a sleepover with her friends). Festivities include a scavenger hunt and then movie under the stars. Popcorn, candy, soda, cupcakes, chips, pizza, s'mores... they may never go to bed! But it sure will be fun!

For fun, here's TWO pictures for you today: One of me 6 months pregnant with Jordan, and today. I think you'll also enjoy seeing what my husband looked like back in the day!!!!! LOL





No comments:

Post a Comment