Pages

Friday, March 7, 2014

March Goals

February goals went GREAT. I am so proud of myself! Here's my goal tracker sheet all filled out:


No Soda: 19 days
No cereal: 22 days
Take vitamin: 24 days
8 glasses water: 16 days
Run or workout: 22 days (and some days I did both!)

As for no soda... I can't believe I really went 19 of 28 days without it. And the days I did drink soda I usually didn't drink much. So even though I wasn't perfect on that one, I still consider it an improvement!

The no cereal bit was pretty easy because I would find other not-so-healthy bedtime snacks to replace it with. Oops. Ice cream, peanut-butter crackers, chocolate... yeah, I think those things aren't any better than sugary cereal! Now I know that it wasn't cereal I was addicted to, it was eating any kind of junk food right before bed. 

Taking my vitamin everyday was easy, and I don't think I really need to write that one down anymore. Does that mean it's now a habit!? Why yes, yes it is. 

The hardest thing to do, which was surprising, was drink 8 glasses of water each day. Why is drinking water so hard?! I can literally go all day on one glass of water. The days I actually completed that goal required me having to force myself to do it. I'd look at the clock and say, "Ugh, I should have already had 4 glasses by now," and then I'd down as much as I could. Some days I would try and drink one glass every two hours and that wasn't any easier. I guess after a lifetime of drinking Dr Pepper... this water business is just going to take time!

And then there's the running/working out. That one was way too easy! I realized that it was way harder to take days off than anything. Imagine ME waking up at 5 AM everyday ready to go throw some heavy stuff around. So. Much. FUN. Let's face it, I'm an addict! 

Now it's time to reveal my March goals. They are:

No soda.
No snacking after 8 PM (ahhh I already regret this decision lol)
8 glasses water daily
Run 4 days per week
Crossfit 4 days per week

Okay... I'm not going to lie: these weren't the original goals I came up with. Originally one of my goals was to cut out all sweets like cake, cookies, ice-cream, candy, you get the idea. Then on day 5 I realized that, for me, it was unattainable. I mean I can't even conquer the "no soda" yet... so I decided to remove that one and just do no snacks after 8 instead. 

What's funny is that I was talking about my monthly goals with my 8 year old (before I'd changed them). She offered me some of her chocolate bar and I said, "No sweetie I can't have that, I made a goal this month not to eat that kind of stuff." She gave me such a grown-up "yeah right" look and said, "No sweets? Hmmm, I bet that's not going very well, is it." It wasn't even a question. She knew. LOL I died laughing and said, "No.. it isn't going well at all." She was right... I hadn't been able to go a single day yet without eating some sort of candy. And that's when I decided to put that one off for another month... 

No comments:

Post a Comment