Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

6 Weeks Post Surgery

I am so giddy I can hardly stand it! It has officially been 6 weeks since my HAGL repair! I am now DONE wearing the hideous black sling! Here is an update of what my future holds:

The doctor said that I can begin running and doing light exercising as long as it doesn't risk me falling (he doesn't know me very well--I risk falling any time my feet hit the floor).

I will begin physical therapy next week! I don't know how often I'll have to go, maybe twice a week? Who cares--I start NEXT WEEK! I will go for 6 weeks and then go back for another checkup with my surgeon. And then--they'll decide. He said it's likely I'll have to continue PT but at a higher intensity.

I can start lifting and doing CrossFit again in anywhere from 8-12 weeks, depending on how physical therapy goes. I'm kinda bummed but then again, this will allow me to focus on other things I've been neglecting, like cardio and my core. Because he said I could start running again as long as I'm safe, that's what I'll do! I have signed up for the OKC Half Marathon which is 16 weeks away! I've already put together my training schedule which starts (drum roll...) tomorrow! I've run the OKC Half before... but I didn't train for it last time. Oops. I promised to never ever make that mistake again! EVER.

So here I am, out of the sling and mentally preparing for what lies ahead!

I am SOOO excited to be sling-free!!! 
Look at that poor, sad little (HA) sling. It misses me already. I do not feel the same.

Cheers and AROO to the next 6 weeks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment