Pages

Monday, January 23, 2017

Physical Therapy Week One

One down, 5 (or more...) weeks to go! I started physical therapy for my shoulder last week. It HURTS... but all I can think through the pain is THIS IS TEMPORARY! My PT asked me what my goals are. I named off 1,000. Here's a few:

1. I'd like to be able to wash and fix my hair normally again. PLEASE! And other normal day to day things, like putting on clothes and not needing help to get them back off again. My husband has to help me all the time to get my work clothes off (I doubt he minds, really). Don't even get me started on sports bras--uuuggghhh

2. Put on deodorant like a normal person... do you have any idea how hard it is to put deodorant under your left arm using your LEFT ARM. Just give it a try, go ahead, I'll wait. Also annoying: shaving.

3. Sleep. I thought this problem would be solved once I was free from the sling. NOPE.

4. I'd like to eliminate my fear of injury. I spent the past 3+ years worrying I was making it worse (I was) and not pushing myself because of it. Turns out that fear was probably a good thing. But now, since I'm all "fixed," I'd like to stop worrying about it. I want to push myself during workouts without fear of "making it worse."

5. Muscle ups. This is so vain. But I just think if I can manage getting some bar muscle-ups with a torn ligament and unstable rotator cuff, SURELY I'll be able to get some ring muscle-ups once I'm healed! COME ON PRETTY PLEASE!

6. Carry my son again. He's about to turn 6 and while he's small for his age, he still surpasses my 0.5 lb lifting limit. :( I miss being able to pick him up and give him hugs. I mean yes I still hug him and love on him, but so many times over the past 2 months he walks up to me and wants me to pick  him up, and I couldn't do it. I can't wait to get that back.

That's it for now! Basically I just want to get back what I had and MORE! Dreaming big here!


No comments:

Post a Comment