Pages

Thursday, July 6, 2017

Pregnancy: Week 16

16 weeks! I still feel like time is dragging! This week I ran the Fireball 5K--I really should start running more, I do love it, but I also really hate it! Other than the Spartan Sprint a couple weeks ago, I haven't ran more than two miles since the half marathon... ha! And my pace was still decent. It seems like no matter how much/how little I train, my pace barely budges.

Here's a fun little workout I did yesterday with two of my sisters and one [peer-pressured] brother-in-law (takes about 15-20 minutes but it sure packs a punch! Try it!):


***********************************************************************
Okay, on to the fun stuff! 

Today's Date: 7/6/17

How many weeks: 16

Trimester: 2nd

How big is the baby?: About the size of an avocado (4.5 inches from head to rump)

Weight gain: 6 lbs (up two pounds in the past two weeks, eeeeeeek)

Food cravings: None

Gender: Unknown (but we find out in about 2 weeks hopefully!)

Prediction: Girl

Diet: Not great but not terrible, still keeping track of calories so I don't eat the pantry. I eat too many sweets, but I have increased my protein intake, so that's good, right? I still can't eat breakfast at normal breakfast time, but by 10 I have to eat or else I'm going to yell at the next person who speaks to me. FOOD. NOW!

Exercise: Still no issues there! Working out 3-5 days a week, still having to constantly remind myself that I'm pregnant and it's okay to scale or slow down. Breathing continues to get more difficult, and now there's the constant need to pee! haha But other than that I feel fine...

Aches and pains: Some back pain, I just can't get comfortable at night and I wake up feeling like I slept on the floor! I can literally feel my stomach stretching and that's weird. My feet are already starting to swell and ache, too. Seriously though, I haven't had morning sickness other than a couple times a few weeks ago. WEIRD. This pregnancy is so different from my first! Thank you Jesus!

Maternity clothes: none yet but I'm getting close. My athletic shorts are all getting really tight, so I may just have to buy some bigger clothes for a while. My belly isn't the problem.. it's my entire mid-section! I don't know why this baby needs for me to have muffin tops and a chubby back but I guess I don't have a choice in the matter!

Favorite moment this week: Successfully running the 5k in just over 30 minutes (30:19). It feels good to still be able to run and workout. Also spending time with family--I was off work for 3 whole days and it was so amazing! These are the last days I plan on taking off for the rest of the year--gotta save up my sick/annual leave for when the baby arrives.

Looking forward to: Finding out the gender! Hopefully my next post will include a gender reveal!


No comments:

Post a Comment