Why hello there, 2nd trimester!
14 weeks, WOW! I wish I could say time is flying but that's such a lie!
So it has now been about a month since we announced it. Here's what's been going on these past few weeks:
- People already want to touch my belly. I don't mind, I'm not going to tell you not to, but just know that this early on in my pregnancy, the baby is still really small and you're probably just rubbing around and feeling on my last meal (likely a cheese sandwich).
- Exercise is already getting harder, but I'm still going and I feel really comfortable with it. I'm starting to substitute some stuff just because I'm clumsy, like doing step-ups instead of box jumps. That's pretty much the only modification so far! Breathing is getting harder, my heart rate elevates faster... and I have to talk myself down ALL THE TIME about not being too competitive and trying to beat everyone. I have to convince myself that it's okay to finish last and that I'm not doing this right now to compete, I'm doing it to have a healthy body and healthy baby!
- A couple weeks ago my husband and I ran the Spartan Sprint and it was SO FUN (to me... not so much to him!).
- I cannot count the number of times that I've already been told that I shouldn't exercise during my pregnancy. It's mostly elderly people who are just concerned, and that's understandable. I just smile and say that I'll take it easy and listen to what my doctor says, which is all true.
- I've experience very mild morning sickness the past couple of weeks, but nothing too bad. Some mornings I wake up SO hungry and some days I can't eat until after 11:00 because I'm nauseous, but that's pretty rare.
- My appetite is subsiding, which I guess is kind of nice since during the first 10 weeks I could literally eat 4,000 calories a day and still feel hungry! During the afternoons is when I get most of my calories, but it's hard to eat then because I'm at work and super busy.
- We had another appointment this week... baby's heartbeat sounds so strong and beautiful! At our next appointment they will do some blood which means we'll find out the gender! WOOHOO! Almost everyone I know thinks/wants it to be a girl... we shall see!!!
- I've started getting headaches these past couple of days. I'm really lucky that I had my first really bad one on the day of our doctor's appointment because I asked about what to take for them and they gave me a prescription. So far it hasn't seemed to help lol but at least I have something to take for them!
Today's Date: 6/22/17
How many weeks: 14
How big is the baby?: About the size of a lemon
Weight gain: 4 lbs (no change over the past couple of weeks, probably because my appetite has gone back to being semi-normal)
Food cravings: Nothing specific... I still want all the sweets but that's not the baby's fault! ha
Prediction: Girl! HR is 148 and the Chinese calendar says it's a girl too... everyone knows those things are an exact science!
Diet: Not great, I snack too much and don't eat near enough protein. My diet is about the same now as it was before.
Exercise: Still going to the gym about 4 days a week, and it feels great! I have a 5k coming up in a couple of weeks. I usually do the 10k in this race because it's my favorite race of the whole year... but I'm crazy and always kill myself trying to do it in under an hour so I'm just going to skip the crazy this year ☺
Aches and pains: Heartburn, some lower back pain when I sit for a long time. HEADACHES.
Maternity clothes: None (YET) but my sister-in-law did just give me a whole bag full of stuff so when it's time to break them out, I won't have to buy nearly as much!
Favorite moment this week: Hearing the baby's heartbeat <3 I haven't felt pregnant at all since my symptoms have been so mild, and hearing the baby's heart go thump thump thump is just the most surreal thing ever.
Looking forward to: Finding out the gender!