Pages

Thursday, August 3, 2017

Pregnancy: 20 Weeks

Halfway there! Actually, technically, we are over halfway since I'll have to have a scheduled c-section again. They will schedule that about a week before my due date. Tentatively that means the baby could be born December 14th, my dad's birthday. Happy Birthday, Dad!

So the past two weeks have been harder. I feel heavier (probably because I am) and my body is resisting this whole "stay fit" idea. Workouts are getting harder. My back aches, my hips are tight, my bladder won't cooperate, and my lungs acts like they've never been conditioned a day in their life. My body seems to be growing in ALL DIRECTIONS.

The baby must be growing, too! My bump seems to have appeared overnight. Seriously I look down now and I'm like WHOA, hey there belly! I'm feeling subtle movements now, but nothing super obvious or strong. It's odd, too, because with Jordan I remember feeling him earlier than this and he was super wiggly! I wonder if this baby is just a lot more laid back than he was? Maybe I'll get an "easy" baby, this time!? HA!


********************
Today's Date: 8/3/17

How many weeks: 20

Trimester: 2nd

How big is the baby?: About the size of a banana (from head to wee little toes) and 10.5 ounces

Weight gain: 12 lbs.

Food cravings: Nothing specific... just ALL THE FOODS. 

Food aversions: None. Like literally. Feed me anything, I'll be fine.

Gender: Unknown

Prediction: Girl. Or maybe boy. *sigh* I really have no idea! 

Diet: Still doing so-so on this, depending on the day. Some days I don't want to eat at all, others I can't stop LOL. I love healthy food, I just also love burgers, pizza, and nachos. So. Anyway. 

Breakfast: usually coffee (with coconut oil, milk, honey, and vanilla extract). 

Mid-morning: I'll have a snack, like a banana, apple, protein bar, or peanut butter straight out of the jar. 

Lunch: chicken, rice, and grilled veggies (whatever I have on hand - usually always bell peppers, carrots, onion, tomato). And I usually add pepperjack cheese! Mmmmm.

Afternoon snack: I try to have a protein bar with some cantaloupe or other fruit. But sometimes it's more peanut butter... yup, straight outta the jar. Again.

Dinner: Everything that exists in my pantry. I usually cook and we have family meal in the evenings, but it's definitely my "heaviest" meal of the day. Meat, potatoes, vegetables, BREAD. And I tend to eat wayyyy too much. 

Evening snack: Even worse than dinner. Ice cream, cereal, popcorn, fruit snacks... sometimes just one of these, sometimes all of the above. HA! 

Exercise: Getting much more difficult (because of my breathing and the fact that I've packed on a few pounds...). But really, even though it's harder, I'm still able to do it. I may be the last one finished, but I feel good enough to finish. So far I haven't had any spells where I feel lightheaded or anything abnormal. Just TIRED! 

Aches and pains: Back, hips, legs, feet, knees... But still mostly hips. 

Maternity clothes: I bought some new clothes last week, none maternity, but bigger sizes. I bought a skirt that I didn't even like, but it was $5 and was a little big, so I knew it would fit for a while. Ugh, I hate clothes shopping... unless I'm shopping for workout clothes, then I love it!  

Favorite moment this week: Feeling the little squirmer move. He/she doesn't wiggle a lot, so when he/she does, I'm like oooooooh there you are! And then I sit really still so I'll be ready when it happens again... and... NOTHING. Brat. lol 

Looking forward to: Next baby appointment, gender time! Also, unrelated to pregnancy, I CAN'T WAIT FOR FALL TO GET HERE. I'm so over summer! 


No comments:

Post a Comment