Pages

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Pregnancy: Husband's Side of the Story

WE FIND OUT THE GENDER TODAY! And then WE'RE GOING TO KEEP IT A SECRET UNTIL THE GENDER REVEAL ON SATURDAY! Isn't that so cruel of us!? Ohhhh I know it is but I don't care! I am SO excited to find out! But I also wanted to post something before then and I got this brilliant idea from my husband...

See.. my husband posted this on Facebook:

"Every month my wife gives updates and changes on her progress with the baby. To join the fun, I have had cravings for lemonade and steak fingers. I have also gained 5 pounds. You're welcome, Destiny Darbison."

I LAUGHED SO HARD. And it gave me a great idea to ask him questions about his side of pregnancy.

Today's Date: 8/16/17

What's your favorite thing about this pregnancy? The kids' excitement.

What is your least favorite thing? Your mood, mostly your weight talk. (True--I complain about weight gain everyday. Being okay with getting "bigger" is my main struggle.)

Are you having any sympathy pains? Umm... sympathy weight. I've put on a good fiver. 

Sympathy cravings? Steak fingers, lemonade... and crackers. 

How is this pregnancy different from the last? Umm... well it's been a lot easier on you, been better because you can still workout. You haven't been sick as much. Seems like I'm trying to soak it up more this time because I know it's going to be the last. 

What do you like most about my changing body? Hehe... can I say that!? (LOL--I left out his initial response.) I'll just say your growing belly... (he added more, but I was too embarrassed to post it, too!) 

Do you think the baby is a boy or a girl? I think it's a boy. 

What are you looking forward to most over the next couple of weeks? Gender reveal! And seeing the ultra sound, can't wait to see it moving around. 

What do you think the baby will be like? I don't know. With this baby not moving around as much [as Jordan did] I wanna say its gonna be a chill baby. But I don't wanna jinx it... (HAHA me neither, hon!). 

 What is one thing you think I need to hear most during this pregnancy? How good you look. (I'm really hard on myself... especially when I get home from the gym in the evenings. Working out is so hard and my body feels so heavy, and it's all squishy lol When I look in the mirror I see one thing and when he looks at me he sees something totally different. I love him for constantly telling me I'm beautiful and reminding me that my body is performing a miracle.)

Any other comments? Just that this has been my favorite pregnancy. 

Why? We are settled in our jobs, we have more options now. We could buy or build a bigger house if we really wanted to. Were weren't sure we could even get by with Jordan. (So true! We were both employed at low paying jobs when I was pregnant with Jordan, without any inkling as to how we would afford a baby. It's definitely so much easier when you're not as worried about the financial side of another kid!) 

*********************************

Weren't his answers so sweet!? This pregnancy has definitely been my favorite too (don't tell Jordan! ha) because my symptoms have been almost non-existent. I have occasional heartburn, headaches, slight nausea, but compared to my first pregnancy, they're not even worth mentioning! 

Also, I wasn't active at all last time. I went for walks occasionally but that was it. This time, since I worked out before pregnancy, I am still able to maintain that routine. Because of this, I haven't gained as much weight this time around. Don't get me wrong, I am still on schedule to gain MORE than the recommended amount, LOL! But that's just my body I guess... I watch what I eat, I go to the gym, but obviously my body gets REALLY excited about growing another human. So even though it's hard, and even though I struggle, I just have to remind myself that it is O.K. 

Going to the gym helps me cope with my changing body, knowing that I'm taking care of my health which is GOOD for baby! And it's fun to joke about during class... "If the pregnant lady can do it, so can you!" I'm sure everyone hates me! 

Okay, I'm off for now. I'll post again in a few days with pictures of the GENDER REVEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment