Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

The Moves that Hurt the Most[est]

It's been over a week since I started my P90X goal! I've stuck to it almost perfectly and I feel truly accomplished every time I check a little box saying I've completed that day's workout. It hasn't gotten boring yet--but it sure does HURT a lot.

No no, not that kind of pull-up... 
Some moves hurt more than others:

1. Pull-ups. Wide front pull-ups, closed grip overhand pull-ups... They hurt, they're hard, and I can't do very many. I use a chair for some assistance, I'm such a cheater! I can do about 2 or 3 without help, but then I'm done. I mean like for the day, done. So the chair will stay.

The dreaded dive-bombers... ouch. 
2. Dive-bomber push-ups. I'm a girl and so I cheat and do all push-ups from my knees, but this particular kind you have to just suck it up. Oh boy, are these ever hard. The first day I did them I could only do half of one by the time I was finished!!

3. Groucho walk. I can handle squats and lunges and even wall squats, but I HATE the groucho walk. It BURNS, friends.

4. Abs. Pretty much everything Tony Horton tells you to do as far as your abdominals go is going to hurt... for days. It's been a week and I'm still sore. And those exercises don't just hurt your stomach but your legs too! Didn't see that one coming, did you? Seated and Reverse bicycles are probably my least favorite (or most loathed?) because by the time I'm finished with them my legs are on fire. Yeah, my legs. The target is to do 25 repetitions of each exercise and I'm still just trying to get to 20!

You know what doesn't hurt? Running... unless it's the day after you've done "legs and back" and then it hurts pretty fierce. However, with all this STUPID Oklahoma weather we're having, it makes going for a run quite a pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment