Thursday, September 27, 2012

Week 2 of HM Training

Training wise, this week has been a flop. And it's only week two! Yikes. Sunday I was supposed to run 7 miles; I had already been scared out of my wits about it because I was sure I couldn't do it. Positive I couldn't, in fact. I went to bed Saturday night and immediately knew it was going to be a long night. My son wouldn't sleep at all. We were up at 10:30, 12:00, 2:00, and 3:00. My husband wasn't home--he was playing in an all night softball tournament. At 4 AM my phone rings. I can't believe I heard it, it was on vibrate. I answer. It's my husband.

Hubs: "Hi honey. I need you to have Mom come watch the kids for a bit."

Me: "What!? What happened??"

Hubs: "I need you to come to the hospital. I think I broke my arm."

Oh my word. So I called my mother-in-law (who, by the way, answered the phone like she had been up all along!) and told her what was going on. I hadn't even asked her yet to come stay with the kids before she said, "I'll be right over." She was there in less than 5 minutes. I'm not kidding when I say that a married into an amazingly wonderful unselfish giving family. My mother-in-law is an angel.

I went to the hospital and yes, his arm was most definitely broken. It looked like that scene from Harry Potter when  Professor Lockhart removes all Harry's bones from his arm.

Yes, that gross. Several hours later we were back home and hubs had a splint on his arm. I couldn't run, I was too tired. No way. I secretly celebrated getting out of it.

Monday rolled around. I still didn't get much sleep the night before but I went home after an already stressful day at work and needed to get OUT. I don't know why he agreed to it but hubs decided to watch the baby while I went for a run. I didn't tell him how far I was going or how long it would take, though... sneaky me.

I went 7 miles. Seven. Freaking. Miles. Did I really do that? I did, SEE!??

Okay, yes, I had to go really slow and I had to walk up the big hills and I may have even stopped to pet a couple of dogs who, by the way, weren't guarding their homes very well. But I did it and lived to tell the tale. This put me one day behind schedule but oh well. 

Just a little side story here: One time my mom bought my dad this new movie. He loved running and so she bought this movie for him that she assumed was about running called: 8 Mile. I saw it in the living room and said, "Mom, what are you doing with this? It's not really something I pictured you and Dad watching." She said, "Well I don't really know what it is I just know your dad likes to run so I got that for him." Oh Mom, no, this is not a movie about running... 

Picture credit here

Picture credit here

So anyway...

Last night I decided to do Tuesday's workout so that I would be back on schedule. My mother-in-law came over to watch the baby (remember me saying she was an angel?) and off I went. And then, less than a mile into it, I see lightning. I turned around and ran as fast as I could home. I've decided to just skip that workout and, if it stops raining, I'll just pick back up with today's workout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment