Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

I Made Something Yummy

I found a recipe on Pinterest and it turned out to be pretty delish.

1 refrigerated pie crust.
Nutella.
Butter.
Cinnamon sugar (made by mixing cinnamon into some sugar until you think it looks pretty).

I rolled out my pie crust, glopped some Nutella down on it and spread it out evenly. Then I cut my pie crust into 16 slices, pizza style. Rolled 'em up (like you would a crescent roll). Melted some butter (How much? IDK! Like... 2 tablespoons??) and brushed it on top of my little rolls. Sprinkled some cinnamon sugar on top. Plopped the pan in the oven (preheated to 425) and cooked those bad boys for about 8 or 9 minutes.

This was the original picture:
http://www.plainchicken.com/2009/11/nutella-pie-crust-crescents.html
I won't lie. I honestly went into this pessimistically and assumed my little Nutella mini pies would look NOTHING like this but they turned out kinda similar. Here's my version:

Photo credit goes to my iPhone that's had better days.
Not too shabby right? I mean no, they're really not as pretty as the original... mine look a little deflated and I didn't use as much cinnamon. They still turned out pretty yummy! I took them to work for our potluck lunch so that I wouldn't eat all 32 by myself (I made two batches... genius). They're a little over 100 calories each (what kind of health nut would I be if I didn't calculate calories!?). 

Good thing I run tonight considering I ate at least 4 of these things PLUS all the other homemade goodies that my coworkers brought to the potluck. Chilli, chips, enchiladas, guacamole, pie, chocolate chip cookie dough balls (dipped in chocolate, of course, what else!?!?)... I ate SO MUCH FOOD that, 3 hours later, I still feel stuffed. 

P.S. I TURN 25 IN TWO DAYS. My new birthday present came in yesterday... RUNNING SHOES! I haven't run in them yet--trying to break them in first. I know this shouldn't really be an important aspect of a good pair of running shoes, but they are soooooo pretty! 


I've now put over 330 miles on my other pair of running shoes and, I'm not going to lie, part of me is a little sad to retire them. They're the first pair of actual running shoes I've ever owned. :( Maybe I'll have a little ceremony or something... 

No comments:

Post a Comment