Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

End of Week Three

Holy moly, it dawned on me last night that I'm already on week 4 of training! Time is flying by so quickly and November 18th is approaching FAST.

Week 3 recap: it was another week of "I don't wanna" and "I can't do it," but each time I got out and did it anyway. The speed work was a lot more intense but I didn't have to cover as many miles so I guess it evened out. Saturday I was supposed to run an actual 5K race which would have been perfect if I'd had the money to sign up, but I didn't. Instead I just woke up early and pretended I was in a race; it definitely wasn't the same! But I did manage to maintain a 9 min/mi pace. My phone died with only a half a mile to go and so I didn't get to see my final time but I know it was between 27-28 minutes. Nowhere close to my fastest time but, considering I was just pretend racing, I'll call it a success!

Sunday, which is always my "long run" day, I only had to do 5 miles. I couldn't believe how easy it was. After 3 miles I still wasn't out of breath at all, my legs still felt strong, and my pace was under 10 min/mi. This cooler weather is rockin' my world.

I'm already dreading this week's workouts, though. I won't run less than 5 miles during any run, and then Sunday I go 8. Bleh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment